Learn how data can be measured and represented by different data types before focussing on how these data types are structured in object types in R. Get to know how to access your data stored in different object types by indexing, which will open up the door for working with R.
At the end of this unit you should be able to
- tell the difference between levels of measurement, data types and object types and why they are so important,
- distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data,
- assess whether data is nominal, ordinal, interval and ratio scaled,
- know different data types in R and create them,
- know the object types in R and how data types are structured therein,
- find, address, and change elements in R objects using indexing,
- efficiently and consciously set up your work environment, and last but not least
- start to feel comfortable with the usage of R.